The Steel Pilates programme incorporates:
manual physiotherapy / resistance training /clinical pilates / fatigue management and exercise prescription.
Your Steel Pilates programme can include one or all of the above services. The first session will be one hour and will include a thorough assessment by one of the Certified Steel physiotherapists. The following nine sessions will be half an hour. Your Steel physiotherapist will work with you to select your own programme goals and advise you on which services will be the most effective for you. Your individual programme is totally flexible for your needs on the day and could include a combination of treatments including:
- manual physiotherapy to prevent the formation of scar tissue and improve your range of motion
- re-strengthening exercises to build back muscle strength and power
- clinical pilates exercises to stretch, improve your flexibility and core strength
- exercise prescription to facilitate overall conditioning and increase physical stamina for faster recovery
The Steel Pilates programme is chronologically formatted into 3 phases. Timing of each phase is dependent upon your physical condition, the length of the healing process, the type of surgery involved, and the courses of adjuvant treatments. Many variables may exist that will effect particular service and exercise choices at given times.
- Post Op Phase - Designed to assist in the healing process of clients who are recently post surgery or intervention. Aim to restore strength and flexibility to particular joints and muscle groups that have become weak and inflexible as a result of surgery. It incorporates breathing techniques and exercises modified to maximise recovery from surgery
- Recovery Phase - Designed to help improve energy levels and general well being during cancer treatments. It aims to help clients manage fatigue, restore post op flexibility and strength. In addition to focusing on stretching and strengthening exercises for the upper body, it contains workouts for the lower extremities, abdominal strengthening and spinal stability.
- Fitness Phase - Designed to facilitate overall conditioning and to increase physical stamina. Aims to improve cardiovascular fitness, strength and flexibility to increase endurance, elevate the metabolism, improve muscle tone and body composition. It contains workouts for the upper and lower extremities, abdominal strengthening and spinal stability. Designed to motivate and encourage good exercise habits for life.